These workshops are designed to be short introductions into some key areas that small businesses find useful. Each workshop is 2.5 hours long, minimizing the time commitment from busy managers and owners and can accommodate up to 12 delegates.
Business Strategy Workshops
Online Retailing Workshop
Many people want to run their own internet shop. At this workshop delegates will learn about what it means to run your own online retailer whether you are a new business or want to extend your existing business online. Topics covered include:-
- Pro’s & con’s of running an internet shop
- How to choose a technology platform
- Customer service
- Order fulfillment
- Marketing your online business
- Day to day activities of an online retailer
Finding More Customers
Every business needs to find more customers and often they do this by increasing their marketing budget. However before you start marketing, this workshop helps you identify new customer segments and how you can expand your services to include these new customers. Key topics covered in this include:-
- Identify how your products and services
- How do you address customers problems
- What other customers are out there for my business
- How can I target them?
When starting up a business or even if you have been running one for a while, managing money is vital if you are to be a success. This workshop will cover the following:-
- How much do you need to charge for your products & services
- When to invoice your customers
- What is VAT and how does it work?
- How to manage cash flow
Big businesses use strategy to help identify who their clients are, how they should look at the external influences on their business and the competitive landscape. These techniques are equally relevant to small businesses and in this workshop you will learn how to apply the following to your business :
- Key Segmentation Analysis
- Goal & Objective Setting
- Client Segmentation
- Porters 5 Forces
Management & Leadership Skills
Managing Staff Workshop
Managing staff (particularly when it is your own business) can be stressful. This workshop will
- Look at your existing management style
- Identify the skills you need to manage people effectively
- How to delegate
- Managing difficult staff
How to be a resilient business owner
Running your own business can be very stressful and often you don’t have anyone to talk to. You are not alone and this workshop helps you to understand yourself and how you react to stressful situations. It will help you handle these situations better in the future.
This workshop could also be run as a group session where we bring small business owners together to share their experiences and how they handled them. This will help build a self-supporting community of small businesses.
Managing Difficult People
Handling difficult people, whether they are customers or staff, can be a source of great unhappiness. This workshop focuses on practical understanding of why these behaviours occur and a practical toolkit to address them.
- What is difficult behaviour for you?
- Why does difficult behaviour occur?
- When to have a difficult conversation?
- How to defuse anger?
What is leadership and how does it differ from management. Moving from a managing style into one of leadership can transform how you motivate and support your team. This workshop includes :-
- What is the role of a leader and how does it differ from being a manager?
- What are your barriers to being a good leader?
- What is your leadership style?
- Flexible leadership
- The coaching leader – how to use a coaching style to provide leadership to your team
Managing Yourself – Time Management & Personal Effectiveness
We all could be more effective in how we use our time and this workshop helps in a very practical way by developing an awareness of where you are losing time. By getting that time back you can become more effective in your work.
- What are your habits that waste time?
- The time management matrix
- Goals vs tasks – what do you really want to achieve
- The role of assertiveness in time management