The Mini-MBA program is a programme that covers a wide range of topics given delegates a grounding in key areas of business management. From business strategy to marketing and leadership to financial management this course helps to give you a broader perspective on business.
“This is a great course for specialists who want to learn more about the wider business context they are operating in. The great thing about this course is people leave with a new understanding of how the business world really operates.” Peter Sheridan
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for specialists who wish to broaden their business knowledge so that they can have a enhanced view of their business. Delegates to the course typically are moving into management or already have been in management for a number of years and want to develop a more rounded perspective.
This course focuses on three key areas. How businesses develop strategies from identifying target customers and understanding demand to analyzing competitiveness. How to market your products and services to a diverse range of clients. Understanding finance and how to read the financial statements. And finally understanding leadership, what is it and why is it vital for success. Over the course you will cover:-
- Why is strategy important?
- Product lifecycle
- Customer segmentation
- Identifying business goals
- Market analysis (inc. PESTLE analysis)
- Market competition (Porter’s 5 forces)
- Overall business strategy (Porter’s Three Generic Strategies, Blue Ocean Strategy)
- Different types of marketing
- Engaging with the clients in an online world
- Content based advertising
- Understanding customer behaviour in a digital world
Finance for non-financial managers
- Understanding financial statements
- Business Budgeting
- Capital markets overview
- What is the difference between leadership & management
- Why leadership matters
- Motivating staff
- The coaching leader
- Emotional Intelligence
Get in touch today to learn how you can improve your business skills
Peter deliveries this training programme in-house for companies as well as on public courses run by some of the UK’s best known training companies. Get in contact today to find out how you can benefit from this course.